1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland US Made 55-60 Joe Osborn "Vintage J" w/Lakland OHSC $2297 Shipped USA CONUS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wheelsup247, May 12, 2017.

1. wheelsup247

wheelsup247 Supporting Member

Price:
    $2297
    Strings:
    Greetings Bottom Feeders. Lakland US Made 55-60 Joe Osborn "Vintage J" for $2297 shipped to your door USA CONUS. Paypal. Serial number of this one starts with "5JO" which is pretty cool; there is a pic below.

In case you don't know, one of the most significant differences between Lakland US Made 55-60's and the less expensive Lakland Skyline (Usually Indonesian Made) 55-60's is the Lakland US Made 55-60's (this being one of them) have a Neck Wood of Quarter-Sawn Rock Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars with a Bone Nut, while the less expensive Lakland Skyline Series 55-60's (Usually Indonesian Made) have Flat-Sawn Rock Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars and a Plastic Nut. Further, this Lakland US Made 55-60 has a body made of Alder while the less expensive Lakland Skyline (Usually Indonesian Made) have a body made of Ash. This bass is Lakland US Made.

I'll rate bass condition as 9.9/10 only because it has been played (never gigged anywhere but churches) and there are two very small indentations (I can't even get a picture them) of where my right wrist rests above the strings in the playing position, the indentations are not through the paint and with my eyeballs at string height, in just the right sunlight, I can see them...other than that they are unnoticeable but I want to mention this for full disclosure. Lakland Tweed Case is immaculate and even smells new. The bass is all original with no mods, repairs chips, cracks, or issues. Original receipt from when I purchased it new in 2016 from a reputable Lakland dealer included. For the multiple people asking why I am selling a bass I paid $3200 for in July 2016 for $2297 today, the simple truth is that a truck smashed into the back of my vehicle in November 2016, and my fingers don't function like they used to before the accident. Anyone who has suffered a neck injury would understand.

PM me with questions please. No trades please. Several good pictures are below. If you need a picture of the bass from any other angle than below, say the word, and I'll provide it.

Lakland US Made Specs.

Nut Width: 1.81"
    Nut Type: Bone
    Fret Size: .041/.085
    Width at Final Fret: 3"
    1st Fret Neck Depth: 0.81"
    12th Fret Neck Depth: 0.92"
    Fingerboard Radius: 10-13"
    Scale Length: 35"
    Frets: 22
    Bridge String Spacing: 0.75"
    Neck Wood: Quarter-Sawn Rock Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars
    Body wood(s): Alder
    Fingerboard: Birdseye Maple with Ebony Dots
    Tuners Hipshot: Ultralites
    Truss Rod Access: Neck Heel: 5/32" Hex
    Color: Seafoam (Surf) Green
    Pickguard: Aged White (Mint)
    Controls: Passive Model Concentric (Stacked Knobs) Volume/Tone-Volume/Tone
    Bridge: Lakland Dual Access (through body or through bridge)
    Pickups: Lakland Vintage J Single Coils

Video below is a good example of settings and tone of a Lakland USA 55-60 Joe Osborn "Vintage J".

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      949.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      804.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      943 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      954.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      632.9 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      700.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • IMG_0616.JPG
      IMG_0616.JPG
      File size:
      532.7 KB
      Views:
    • IMG_0618.JPG
      IMG_0618.JPG
      File size:
      699.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    BradH and JLY like this.
  2. panndora1611

panndora1611

Apr 3, 2011
    Japan
    CONUS only?? I live in Japan. Can you ship to Japan??

3. wheelsup247

Thank you for your interest. It's such a great bass for a great price I am beginning to get some serious interest here in the USA, so CONUS only at this time. PM me in a few weeks if the bass is not yet sold.

4. panndora1611

panndora1611

Apr 3, 2011
    Japan
    Ok. Thanks.

5. wheelsup247

Sale pending

6. wheelsup247

And sold.