No longer available Lakland USA 4-94 Loaded Body 1998

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by stingray56funk, Jun 13, 2021.

1. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Price:
    $800
    United States
    Selling my 1998 Lakland (Dan Lakin era) 4-94 loaded body. I purchased this body from Dan Lakin on Reverb. Dan told me Lakland used this body to test pickups in 2005. Ask any questions you like.

- USA Select 4-94 body from 1998
    - USA Lakland bridge
    - USA Bartolini pre-2005 NTMB-L preamp
    - USA 2018 Bartolini pickups

$800 shipped in the USA. PayPal is fine by me.

IMG_7233.JPG IMG_7232.JPG IMG_7231.JPG IMG_7234.JPG IMG_7235.JPG IMG_7236.JPG IMG_7237.JPG Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 11.04.24 PM.png

2. JSandbloom

JSandbloom Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Redding, Ca
    Grace Guitars USA
    Have you talked to Lakland if they’d build a neck for this?

3. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I did talk to Lakland about getting a new USA neck. They will do it, for a very reasonable price I might add, if you send them the body.

4. jonnymac

jonnymac Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    They made one for my USA Decade last summer. Took about 3 or 4 months once I got them started.

stingray56funk likes this.
  5. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Woohoo, thanks buddy! Love Lakland Decades, had one from the first year of production. So cool with flats.

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very nice deal.

7. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    May I ask what Lakland charged for a neck at the time you enquired?

8. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    $1000 to build a USA neck specifically for this body. They'd do a maple board or rosewood board, no price difference.

6tzguy likes this.
  9. jonnymac

jonnymac Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Yup I paid $1000 last year wasn't sure if prices changed due to wood prices but it looks like they have not. The $1000 was just for the neck itself and then they charged for hardware. You have to ship the body to them so they can fit the new neck properly since everything is handbuilt and they will want a hard case to ship the completed bass to you in. What I did was buy a new hard case online and had it shipped directly to Lakland instead of to me to save on some of the back and forth shipping costs.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021