1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED Lakland USA 44-64 P/J - **Price Drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by emart, Sep 10, 2019.

1. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Price:
    $1800
    Strings:
    For sale is a 2018 Lakland USA 44-64 in candy apple red finish, in near mint condition. It has an alder body, quarter-sawn maple neck and a birdseye maple fingerboard with ebony blocks (no binding). This was a custom order bass and has Lakland's 1.6" nut width, short-shaft standard wind Hipshot tuners, and Fralin P/J pickups. The pots are wired V/V/T. The bass is in perfect working condition and sounds excellent, the tone is balanced across the strings.

The bass is in near mint condition with the only marks being a few faint scratches on the black pickguard, and a barely visible hairline crack in the finish (only) on one side of the neck join. The bass was ordered as a standard 44-64 with a P pickup. The J pickup was added and the bass was refinished in factory spec Lakland candy apple red by Pat Wilkins and Van Nuys, CA. It was set up for BEAD tuning and Pleked by Gary Brawer in San Francisco. I have the original nut for standard tuning and I can set the bass up however the buyer wishes.

Weight is 9lbs 2oz on a digital scale.

The only reason I am selling this bass is that I can't get accustomed to the P tone on stage. I have played jazz style basses for many years and tried the P/J this year for its versatility and because the engineers liked the tone.

Comes in a factory Lakland case in near mint condition, and with a matching Hipshot D-tuner.

$1,800 plus shipping costs, continental USA only. Paypal preferred.

The ONLY trades I will consider are Lakland USA, Sadowsky NYC, and Lull jazz basses.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_5808.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 10:26 AM
    feschyn, Smoothmove, Ellery and 6 others like this.
  2. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
  3. BradH

BradH Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Billings, Mt
    Aaaaaaaaaa, WOW!

I wondered what a D/Dunn with a maple neck & black blocks would look like.:drool:

2Bellz likes this.
  4. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Price drop.

5. Bogun

Bogun Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Seattle
    Wow, that's a beauty! GLWTS