1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Lakland USA 55-64 PJ – Serial #01

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Fixitinpost, May 4, 2021 at 11:55 AM.

1. Fixitinpost

Fixitinpost Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Price:
    $2500
    Strings:
    United States
    Own a piece of Lakland history! This is 5BG 01, seemingly the first Lakland US P5. I got this one here in February of last year. Never got a chance to gig it before lockdown, and I still have no gigs, so this has just been sitting here all this time. I did put a brand new set of DR strings on it a few weeks ago, but other than that, it’s still in the exact same condition that I received it (which is excellent). It does have a small scuff at the tip of the headstock, and a couple very minor dings. I did clean up the back of the neck, which was quite dirty when I received it.

Why sell? As much as I love this bass, I already have another 55-64 PJ that I ordered directly from Lakland a few years ago, and I’m going to keep that one. Having two of these is too many for me right now. Trying to curb my hoarding tendencies...

For all details on this bass, please see the sale ad from which I purchased:

SOLD - Lakland Bob Glaub 5 55-64 Serial Number 1

Plays and sounds great, has that wonderful Lakland 35" neck profile. Includes pickup cover and Gator case.

Price is $2500 shipped CONUS and PayPal. If you’re within a reasonable distance of central Massachusetts, I can drive to meet you and offer a good discount for a local cash sale.

May consider a trade for a US Lakland 55-60 Joe Osborn, or a trade + cash for a black Yamaha BBNE2. That’s about it.

(any circles you see in the finish are just reflections of recessed lights in my ceiling)

IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1755.jpg IMG_1756.jpg IMG_1757.jpg IMG_1759.jpg IMG_1761.jpg IMG_1762.jpg IMG_1763.jpg IMG_1765.jpg IMG_1766.jpg IMG_1764.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2021 at 5:34 AM
  2. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    :drool:

I had #7 for awhile, very nice bass and possibly the best neck I’ve ever played. These older Laklands are so nice. GLWTS!

Fixitinpost likes this.
  3. raal

raal Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Minneapolis / St Paul
    Too bad for me it's been routed, but very good for someone wanting that flexibility down the road.

JEDI BASS likes this.
  4. rambass

rambass Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2012
    34" or 35"

5. Fixitinpost

Fixitinpost Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    35"

6. rambass

rambass Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2012
    thanks

7. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Very cool !!!

Ive got #8....

Fixitinpost likes this.
  8. paujones

paujones Paul Jones Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Dublin, CA
    Such a great playing bass... I had it for about 3 years and just did not go to it as much as I had hoped. It does have a nice growl with that pickup combo and the passive volume and tone. Nice bottom end from the 35" scale too. And that price is way less than an equivalent Sadowsky or Alleva-Coppolo. someone will be getting a great bass at a reasonable price.

Fixitinpost likes this.
  9. fedenybass

fedenybass Supporting Member

Just killer and a great TB’r!!!!

Fixitinpost likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021