1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD LAKLAND USA - Bob Glaub "P" w/ Rare original Darkstar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Soundworks, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Soundworks

Soundworks Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Price:
    Strings:
    Recently picked this one up from a great TBer and decided that it overlaps too much with my 59 P (brazilian rosewood)!

To be clear, my 59 P doesn't sound like any of my other P's (list here) -- it's richer and yet more clear and articulate than my 62 P and with a completely different smoothness and thump than my 70's P's. (I'm a recording engineer, so these are for clients.)

Anyway, the craftsmanship on this particular Lakland is perfection -- I find this era (~2006) of Lakland blows Fender Custom Shop out of the water for both playability and tone. The neck is flat and feels arguably better than my 59 P. It's been babied as you can see from the pictures from the previous thread.

Willing to passing this on to another TBer at the same price I paid, so I will lose out on PayPal fees as well as shipping. Only trade (+cash) I would be interested in would be an early 70's J. Excellent condition with OHSC shipped conus $1950. Trade value $2350.

image-jpeg.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. Hillsidebass

Hillsidebass Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2005
    San Angelo, Texas
    This is a good one. I've seen these pickups alone sell for $350-$400. If I was still "in the business" I'd never have sold this one.

3. Soundworks

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    yeah, i used it last night on a session and am having second thoughts about letting it go -- i found it cuts and has more punch than my beloved '59 which is sounding dull by comparison.

Hillsidebass likes this.
  4. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    PMed

5. Soundworks

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Off to Spain!

6. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    Darkstar, come home :)

7. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    My Darkstar-ed US Decade make all my FCS jazz basses sound weak and thin in comparison. Just my opinion...

Hillsidebass and Tom P like this.
  8. Tom P

Tom P

Aug 19, 2004
    Sooooo true!

Hillsidebass and drums1977 like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021