Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland USA Glaub

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Well, My serch might be over.I know that I havent been postin alot lately but for the past year or more my Signature has been Looking for usa Glaub...........

Tommorow someone is comeing to my house to sell me one! Delivered! I cant believe it. Should be exactly what I've been looking for!

Aj

2. excellent.

pics and clips please. :)

3. GREAT! Hope you enjoy. I was going to get another one with a Jazz neck, but my currents are doing the job. Laklands are fantastic!

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've had the fantastic pleasure of playing a few of these in my life and have got to say there ain't no better P on the market! :hyper:

I hope it's not too soon to congratulate you on your soon-to-be family member, so congrats!!!:D

5. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA

Awesome! i always wondered how one of those sounds...

6. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Just got home from playing my American Glaub for 3 hours at rehearsal for my classic rock band. Using TI Jazz Flats for a very traditional sound. It fits in perfectly; smooth and mellow when I want it to be, and growly and fat when I dig in. I pair it up with one of my Mesas with the gain between 11 and 1 depending on my mood. Believe me, you'll enjoy the heck out of the feel, and the sound will almost certainly be exactly what you're looking for. Just classic P.

7. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Andrew, I see your in Boston. Is that the Glaub that was on "Craigs List" in Boston area that your looking at ? I live in Boston area too. Good Luck

8. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Sssssshhhhhh..........

not mine yet.

Aj

9. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Now it is Mine!!!!

Wonderful looks new.It's #96 so its not that new. Its light. Paid alot ,1500$. But its what I've been after,I've even come close to ordering one new.

Sounds Great! very even across the neck. the Dead spots on the D wich is strang but..........So what its great!

Aj

10. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Home delivery? Ain't life grand? :D

11. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    That even had the Jazz neck you wanted too didn't it ? Can't beat local used gear for sale ! $1500, thats a big savings off what a new one would cost. I actually saw that Glaub a few days ago and was going to call but I suffer from Cronic Indecision.

12. Is this the same bass you're now selling in the classifieds? ...or wait...you are selling a Skyline, but this is a US Glaub?

What are your thoughts about the comparisons between the two of them?

13. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Different Basses.

New one spectacular, old one pretty darn nice. :cool:

I think the alder body does something to the mids I like.

Nicer finish, neck,Tuners.Exc........

If I could afford it I'd keep it but............

Aj

14. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Here's a pic one of the bass.
    Another of the Colection. Really Looking fat these days!

From Left To Right

USA Orsborn Passive Old Nickel strings

USA Osborn J retro New DR Highbeams

USA Prtotype 5 newish Boomers

USA Gaub Elixers( not bad strings) Thinking about the Flats

79 Strat

Fodera Licoln Goines 33 inch scale, Diadario nickels.

Modified Fender Stu Hamm Piccalo Bass

Aj

Attached Files: