1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

TRADED Lakland USA J-Sonic 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dub56, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    Very reluctantly up for sale is my Lakland USA J-Sonic 4. This is easily the toughest it has ever been for me to list a bass... but I could use the cash for some vet bills and other expenses at the moment.

Lakland USA J-Sonic 4
    Chi-Sonic Singles
    Alder Body
    Quartersawn Maple Neck
    Ebony board (side dots, no front dots)
    White w/ Matte Black pickguard
    Black hardware
    Black headstock

I ordered this bass new from Lakland in December 2017 and received it in April 2018. This bass was initially a USA 44-60. There was a finish flaw on the first body, so Lakland kindly offered to replace the whole body if I sent the bass back in, which I did. I opted at the time to upgrade the bass to a J-Sonic and paid to have the extra work done on the new body. So this bass was all set up just like new as a J-Sonic by the Lakland crew. I asked Lakland if they had any black Chi-Sonic shells to match the rest of the black hardware on this bass and they suggested these plain black shells, which I think look really cool. Under the shells are just the regular Chi-Sonic singles pickups though, no difference there.

This bass was $3,603.25 new ($3,453.25 + $150.00 Chi-Sonic upgrade).

This bass is an excellent player, it easily has the best neck I can remember on a bass. Super smooth, great feel, awesome playability. The Chi Sonics sound awesome as well, super fat and dynamic jazz bass tone to my ear. I can't say enough good things about this bass.

Great condition overall, I've babied it since receiving it. Maybe just a couple of small marks and I see a couple of what look like small bubbles in the clear coat, but they're super minor and hard to see unless you're at the right angle with the right light. Just trying to disclose anything/everything possible. Bass weighs in at ~9.65 lbs.

This bass will not disappoint, this is an excellent instrument and I've really enjoyed owning it.

I'd be interested in trading down for the right 4 string jazz bass. Something around the ~$1,200 mark or under, I would need to net a good amount of cash with a trade in this case. Let me know if you have any offers

Price drop to $2,200 shipped
    PayPal and CONUS only

Please reach out via PM with any questions, thanks for looking!
    IMG_3323.JPG
    IMG_3322.JPG
    IMG_3321.JPG
    IMG_3328.JPG
    IMG_3328.JPG IMG_3317.JPG IMG_3318.JPG IMG_3319.JPG IMG_3321.JPG IMG_3322.JPG IMG_3323.JPG IMG_3329.JPG IMG_3330.JPG IMG_3334.JPG IMG_3335.JPG IMG_E0001.JPG IMG_E3100 (2).JPG

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    jbl71004, GregC, Bigoo7e and 3 others like this.
  2. iMilanek

iMilanek

Nov 19, 2015
    What the ...??? Beautiful and :cool: bass!

Dub56 likes this.
  3. GTx2

GTx2

Jun 12, 2017
    Absolutely gorgeous!

Dub56 likes this.
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Killer!

Dub56 likes this.
  5. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Trust me, I’m just as surprised that I even created this listing. I can hardly believe it either and it feels a bit crazy, but we will see what happens...

6. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    I will accept reasonable offers on this bass, send me a PM if interested!

7. BradH

BradH Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Billings, Mt
    I love white bass's w/black pickguards & hardware.:thumbsup:
    And the ebony board helps
    GLWTS

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Dub56 likes this.
  8. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    PRICE DROP

$2,200 Shipped CONUS

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Sexy!

10. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Trade in progress!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021