1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland USA JO4 - Early Production F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by E-Mac, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    Hey,
    I'm starting a new thread for this as the last got too cluttered. We have here, a 1999 Lakland USA Joe Osborn. The first 100 had his sig on the headstock, and some of them he actually signed. I heard somewhere that Osborn signed the ones he gave a test drive to, but I could be wrong. These 98/99 Lakland JOs will, in my opinion, be considered Lakland's vintage down the line. Much as Fender's Vintage seems to be 1962. I was going to have this bass defretted, but the shop at Lakland raised a red flag about modding these Early JOs as they should greatly appreciate in value :bassist:

The Specs:
    * Body: Alder
    * Neck: Quartersawn Maple w/graphite reinforcement
    * Fingerboard: East Indian Rosewood
    * Finish: Three Tone Translucent
    * Electronics: Lindy Fralin Passive Jazz (stacked knobs v/t v/t)
    * Year: 1999
    * Serial: 80
    * Weight: 9+ lbs.

A few quick notes:
    The control cavity is routed through the back of the body. It's verified that this particular bass was made that way. It's unclear why, but if anyone wants to add a preamp, the bass is already stock ready for one without its value being diminished.
    There are a few scratches and dings, but for the most part this bass is in very very good condition. Especially for a 10 year-old bass. It almost looks unplayed, a closet classic if you will.

Price:
    GONE!
    I may consider a trade + cash on a Lakland Skyline Dunn or Glaub.
    or
    if you happen to have a LNM Carbow "Jean Grunberger" French Bow or a nice quality Pernambuco French Bow.

[​IMG]

Pics:
    Headstock Sig
    Full Frontal
    In Case
    Body Closeup
    Body Closeup 2

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
    -Evan

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Let's see.......hmmmmmm.....I DO just so happen to have a SWEET Glaub P/J around the house....now where is it? oh - there it is!

3. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    PM sent on the Fretted

4. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    PM replied! :hyper:

5. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008