1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland USA Joe Osborn 44-60 Shoreline Gold New Price!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Eo Reilly, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Eo Reilly

Eo Reilly

Nov 27, 2009
    Hudson Valley
    Price:
    $1795
    Strings:
    ZkPVDJB.jpg

Sold pending payment.

Very good condition (check pics and link to last time on Talkbass classifieds)

Bought this bass on Talkbass Jan. 2014. Had a Skyline earlier and just wasn't comfortable with the neck shape. Prefer them chunkier but still wanted to try a USA. Doodled with it at home maybe a total of 2 hours but still not comfortable with the Lakland neck even though some rave about them. Great bass but still not the neck for me. So back into the case. Why keep it all this time? Beats me. Lots easier to unpack em then pack I guess. Now have 9 basses that I just never play or played. Lets face it I'm not really a bass player, however, I'm keeping a Sadowsky Will Lee and a BABP L1K just in case... The rest will appear here shortly.

Now back to the Lakland USA Joe Osborn 44-60 in Shoreline Gold. The following link is to the Jan. 2014 Talkbass listing and describes this bass much more eloquently than any attempt by me. Also, I have found 3 additional marks on the body edge all pin thin and 1/8th to 1/4 inch long.

Link to last Talkbass classified where I bought this bass:
    SOLD - LAKLAND US 44-60 Joe Osborn JO4 in Shoreline Gold - Rare VVT

$2100 shipped. Now $1795 shipped. Paypal. Requests for trades and lowball offers will go politely unanswered.

A member asked for more case pictures. To me it is in very good condition. There are 4/5 small marks the worst of which I tried to capture.One is pinhead size and another is 1/8th in. long and pin scratch wide.

Close-ups of marks on bass (last is on back):
    l2NxjXp.jpg
    mwuIhDs.jpg
    ZQrGF5v.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Fred312b, InnerBass, flewis and 4 others like this.
  2. That is the prettiest Lakie I've seen yet. Love it. Wish I could. These are such consistently excellent basses.

3. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    This is my old bass and it’s by far the best 60’s style jazz bass I have ever played. Used it on a recording and it sat perfectly in the mix. The finish is stunning as well. Wish I was still a jazz bass guy. Good luck with the sale, someone is going to be very happy with this.

4. Eo Reilly

Eo Reilly

Nov 27, 2009
    Hudson Valley
    Yeah, sure is nice. Thanks

5. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Wow! What a beautiful bass you have here! I need to stop checking it out. drool

6. fabiolessa

fabiolessa

Jan 4, 2014
    PM

7. Drkwdsman@yahoo

Drkwdsman@yahoo Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Birmingham
    Man, if this was 55-60! She’s a beauty.

8. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I have the same exact bass, same color, but with a white pickguard and the stack knobs. Best bass I've owned to date in 25+ years. My go to for almost everything that needs a fretted bass!

9. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I kind of want this just as a backup...

10. Eo Reilly

Eo Reilly

Nov 27, 2009
    Hudson Valley
    Well there is another Shoreline Gold on Reverb for $2250 or ......

11. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, but yours is black pg and a little cheaper. But again, do I REALLY need 2 shoreline golds? Kind of!

12. You really do Gruber. I do too. I love this Lakie bass because of the color and weight and condition but especially because of the vvt. I had one 10 yrs ago and it is missed. If I hadn't just destroyed the cc with a Glaub... Eo, yours is much nicer than the one on reverb!

13. Eo Reilly

Eo Reilly

Nov 27, 2009
    Hudson Valley
    Hey, thanks, sorry I couldn't oblige you.

Simonon Paul Simonon likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020