Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland USA Joe Osborn - Testing Da Water

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Big String, Feb 27, 2005.

1. I'm strongly considering selling my Lakland Joe Osborn USA Olympic White, Tort p/g, Drop D-tuner, Passive Lindy Fralins, Beautiful East Indian Rosewood Board/birdseye dots, Lakland Deluxe GigBag, (Body all set for active conversion if desired). Bought this bass brand new, even picked out the components at the Lakland shop with Carl the head luthier. This is an exceptional instrument, that's why the "consideration clause." I'm not using passive basses much and I have two other jazzes one I play all the time, and the other just got. Both are active and will work well for me.
    I want to buy other stuff - plain and simple.

$1450.00 firm, add shipping to lower 48 states only. I would prefer a local deal and will drive to meet or you can come to my place and try it out.

NO bass trades.
    Will consider Accugroove EL Whappo.

PM me if interested and will exchange numbers, I prefer to talk. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Bump For a Pretty Bass

3. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

String - Are you going to the Lakland concert?

4. Going to try and make it.

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    just gonna have to see if this is still available?!

pm sent....

P@

6. That is one gorgeous bass. Just the kind I like.

7. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I already own one of those. If I had the money I'd buy it. Outstanding basses.

8. Pm answered.

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    pm back atcha!

P@

10. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Good thing that's a not a 5'er! ..or I would be all over it! Good luck Big. I picked up a Lakland DJ5 (love the block inlays) and I like it so much, I want to check out a JoBo5'er!

11. Now going for $1450.00 add shipping.
    I posted on the bassgear site for sale at this price.
    Next stop ebay. I'll give it a week or so.
    Thanks for your interest.

12. Sale pending

13. "Something came Up"
    Now for sale again... :)

14. Pending again :)

15. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    :hyper:

16. "crowd voice" Joey Joey Joey !!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    Joey is a cool! :cool:

17. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Oh It's really nothing! Thank you, thank you everyone. ;) Dean you Da MAN!!! Quick joke for you:
    Jose arrives at the Mexican border on his bike with 2 huge bags over his shoulders. The guard stops him and asks: "What's in the bags?"

"Senior, It's only sand." replies Jose.

"Sand??? Well, we'll just see about that - get off the bike!"

The guard takes the bags, rips them open, empties them out and finds nothing in them...except sand. Detaining Jose overnight, the sand is analysed, but only to discover it is in fact simply sand.

Jose is released, the sand is put into new bags and placed on Jose's shoulders, and he is let across the border.

Next day, same thing happens. The guard asks: "What you got there?"

"Sand," says Jose.

A thorough examination of the bags again shows there to be nothing but sand, and subsequently Jose is allowed to ride across the border.

For a whole year this continues until one day Jose doesn't show up, and the guard discovers him in a Cantina in Mexico.

"Hey, Bud," says the guard, "I know you're smuggling something. For a year it's driven me crazy. It's all I can think about... I can't get sleep, the kids are getting neglected...heck, even the dog senses I'm beginning to lose it! Between you and me, just what are you smuggling?"

Jose sips his beer, smiles and replies: "Bicycles..."

18. Good one. The obvious can be genius.

19. Sold!

20. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    This bass rocks!!! Thanks Dean. You are a great guy!