Lakland vs Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JRBrown, Apr 24, 2002.

1. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I bought a Lakland last week. The sound and feel are amazing. But too many of you are screaming about the Sadowsky basses. I'm in the market for a slappin' 4-string.

Sadowsky or Lakland?

2. This issue was slapped and popped to death so I think if you do a search in this forum you'll see a lot of responses. It's very subjective.

I think Lakland makes a very fine bass. I think Sadowsky makes a spectacular bass.

I tried both. I have one Sadowsky bass, two Sadowsky guitars, and another Sadowsky bass on order.

I bought my first Sadowsky in 1990 and it still blows me away. When I walked into Roger's shop back then, I was treated like the most important customer. I still am treated that way. I could afford any bass in the world. I tried many. I bought Sadowsky.

For live tone, unsurpassed recording tone, playability, workmanship, electronic shielding, customer support, value retention should you sell it or trade it to Nino, Sadowsky sets the benchmark. See some photos in my link below.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I currently have 3 Sadowsky's & one LakLand Skyline 55-01 (import)

Sadowsky basses are my favorite basses along w/Spector. There is a level of craftsmanship, quality, attention ot detail & EXCELLENT CUSTOMER support that goes into EVERY SINGLE Sadowsky bass/guitar.

I've played many USA made Lakland basses & the level of craftsmanship, quality & attention ot detail it equal to that of Sadowsky (IMO) But I never played a USA LakLand that I liked the sound of. They felt great, played great, everything was 110% except for the sound. I personally like the sound of my SkyLind 55-01 better than the USA models.

If you like the sound of the LakLand you just bought, then you have a keeper. BUT if you have a chance to (& some room on your credit card ;)) TRY A SADOWSKY BASS. :D