Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland vs Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jefft54, Sep 30, 2005.

Lakland 55-01 vs Spector Legend 5

Poll closed Oct 7, 2005.
  1. Wait for the Lakland

32 vote(s)
    74.4%
  2. Buy the Spector instead

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. O.K, here's the deal. I have a Lakland Skyline 55-01 on order. As many of you know, the Laklands can be difficult to find (I've been waiting on mine since the middle of June). In the meantime, I've looked at many basses, including the Tribute and Spector. My question is, should I just keep waiting on the Lakland or go for the Spector Legend 5, which is available in the blackcherry burst? I'm not in that much of a hurry as I currently am playing my Fender MIA Pbass but do need a backup. What does everyone think? :eyebrow: :rollno: :confused:

2. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    If you had both in front of you right now, which would you want? Would you feel like you just settled for something else if you got the Spector?

I say get what you really want.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I agree with MidnightJazz. If you are in no hurry, go with what you really want. Obviously you must want the Lakland if you went to the trouble of ordering it. I would say wait for it. Unless, of course, you decide that the Spector would make you happier. ;)

4. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Even though I'm a Spector guy by far, if I had a choice between the Lakland and Legend, I'd wait for the Lakland.

5. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I once owned a 55-94 and now own a Spector Euro. I like the Euro better, but that is just me. I would wait for the Lakland and go from there. Don't make an impulse purchase just because you have the money. Be patient, I have done this before a regretted it.

6. Both are fine basses, but the Lakeland is a step up from the Legend in tone and feel. I definately love both companies, it'd be a tough choice.

7. :bawl:
    Probably good advice. Thanks all.