Lakland VS Warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Warwick

69 vote(s)
  2. Lakland

88 vote(s)
  1. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Easy enough, right? One or the other and when you vote please post why you chose that one! Lol, this'll be interesting...
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    OK SPED! If all the other companies in the world went Chapter 11 and everyone "lost" their basses in outerspace (and aliens took the basses 100000000000000000000 lightyears away) What one of these companies would you go with?
  4. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    well, I don't really care for how most of the warwicks play and look... and I just don't think that I would be very happy with a warwick... the lakland on the other hand, has pretty much replaced all my other basses....

5. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Well I certainly can't decide so I got both:D

6. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    What part of PA? I'm from Altoona!
  7. I like the way Warwick's sound. I haven't tried a lakland, though I've heard mixed reviews about them. But the Warwick Fortress One bass I played I fell in love with and I've been looking for one ever since. Alas!
  8. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Man, Where were you a week ago I just sold mine!:(
  9. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I liked my 55-94 Classic, but the 35" scale and 5/8 string spacing at the bridge bothered my wrist. Traded for a Streamer Stage I and it kicks ass. Faster neck, more tone variations, beautiful flame maple, and no wrist pain.
  10. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I love the way a Warwick feels in my hands, everything seems to flow.
  11. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Jeez, way to rub it in! :D
  12. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    warwick, and i'd repeat the decision 1,000,000,000,000 times without blinking.

like supergreg said, everything just flows. it's effortless getting what i have in my head out - whether it's a tone or a tricky passage, everything just flows.
  13. I voted for Lakland. Because, I like the way it feels and sounds over the Warwick.
  14. You could take this quote, insert Lakland where you see Warwick, and that would pretty much sum up my answer.:p ;)
  15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Well this is a hard one! Because they are so totally diff from each other! Plus most people will choose warwick at this point because thats what they all see on t.v! Warwicks kinda exploded lately! And ive been to alot of stores that sell warwicks! And i have a really hard time finding a lakland! But i agree with above if i was going to get that fender shaped bass for some reason id get a g&l!
  16. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    man this bad boy is TIED! i guess it just goes to show that once you get past a certain price point (which is steadily dropping :) ) all basses are good, just different. and these two are about as different as you can get!
  17. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Here we go again. Same thing as Warwick vs I'll ask the same question:

Which Warwick are you talking about? I have a Thumb BO. It suits my needs...but that's just the Thumb. It doesn't sound, feel, look, or play like an Infinity, Fortress, Streamer, or Corvette FNA, etc...If you've done any checking, you'll know that.

The Laklands I've picked up are pretty much just about the same. I know they have some vintage models and signature stuff too, but I've never seen them up close.

Look, there is obviously a market for both. Not to be rude, but, who cares? They didn't have any Laklands in my price range when I bought the Warwick. Maybe I would have considered one if there had been. I've played the Skylines since and they are a good deal. The American models are overpriced in my opinion.

That said, the Thumb is heavy, unbalanced, and a bit hard to get used to. By now I'm used to it. It ain't the fastest bass I've played, but it ain't the slowest. It's not the most versitile, but its tone is truly distinct.

Sam Adams vs Pete's Wicked
    Pizza vs Hot Dogs
    Audi vs BMW
    less filling vs tastes great

the answer...depends on the person you ask.
  18. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Fender jazz bass!!!!:))
  19. Lakland, Lakland, Lakland. I love all three of mine. I was lucky enough to get right in the shop since I live near Chicago. I got to try out some of the new Skyline basses and let me tell you, they are awesome. I'm probably going to order one of those too. I had recently played a whole slew of Fender off the rack basses, and none, I mean none of them compare to the Skylines. All of mine are currently USA Laklands and I really have not found anything I like better. I'm 50 and have played soooo many different basses and Laklands still come out on top. Warwicks are very nice instuments too. I know several great players who love them. Strings are too tight together for me and I'm a little guy. Peace...the world could use some right about now.