Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lakland ( what strings)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SunneyBoy, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Hi there im looking to restring my lakland( 55-94D,basslines)
    are there any lakland players out there who might have some advice on what strings they are using at the moment ?

2. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    What strings are on there now, and what aren't they doing for you?

I've used D'Adarrio (XL's and Chromes) Ernie Ball, and currently I have my 55-02 strung with Platinum Series (the house brand of Club Bass here in Toronto). That being said, my favorite strings are DR Lo Riders, but they're not often in stock here (at least not 5 string sets). Best sounding/feeling steel strings I've ever tried. I'd like to try the Nickel Lo Riders but I'll have to special order them.

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I've been wanting to try DR Lo-Riders on my 55-01, too... that said, I'm using High Beams & am quite happy. But, I'll still try the Lo-Riders.

4. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    DR Hi-Beams

5. i have them strung with d'addarios xl at the moment cant get a big crunchy tone tone out of them though.

i have thought of elixir because they last long . i have them on my sr5. and they work on that bass. dont know if they will do the same for me on the lakland.

at $130 for a decent pair of strings in south africa . experimenting becomes a costly affair.

6. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I know it's a pain, but is it possible to swap the Elixirs over to the Lakland for a while as a test? At a $130 a set, I'd be leary about experimenting willy nilly as well. But I don't don't think you'd be disappointed with the Lo Riders. Pretty high tension so you can really dig in.

7. thank you very much i think i will give the DR's a go. they may just do the trick for me.