Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Grant22, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Grant22

Grant22 Groovin' the gospel

Oct 29, 2005
    Winter Garden FL
    Anyone ever try lakland strings, if so what did you think?

Grant

2. appler

appler Guest

I have Lakland JO flats on my Skyline Joe Osborn five. They're great strings: very thick and present, but not muddy. They don't have the higher tension I was looking for, but they're pretty awesome if you don't like to play as hard as I do.

3. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    I use the Lakland nickels and the stainless steel on my Lakland. I think they sound great on that bass. They are really just boomers and Supersteels made by GHS for Lakland. I'll switch back and forth sometimes with DR Low-Riders which I love also. They sound great on the Lakland too. The SS Laklands are very loud and punchy with grind.

4. Grant22

Grant22 Groovin' the gospel

Oct 29, 2005
    Winter Garden FL
    thanks guys, I was thinking about putting them on my carvin LB75

Grant

5. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The stainless steel Lakland set is very thick but lower tension. Lots of presence as well. String noise is very present in these strings and that can be a good thing, or a bad thing, depending on the player.
    Overall I would rate them lower than DR Hi Beams but overall a great string, and they last a while too.