Lakota Leathers 3” strap okay for bass?

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by Skippy McGee, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Skippy McGee

Skippy McGee

Apr 7, 2018
    Has anyone used the 3” Lakota Leathers strap on bass?

I bought one today but when I put it on my bass, I became worried that’s it’s too soft/supple for a heavier instrument. My bass isn’t heavy (~8 lbs) but I don’t really want to make this my regular strap if it’s going to stretch out quickly.

Any help is appreciated!!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Soft/supple = good and comfy!

Powbob, Jim C and sjrash like this.
  3. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    I have used Lakota exclusively for many years now, and they are 100% perfect for me right out of the box! I recently bought a Dean Exotica ABG and immediately ordered a Lakota strap for it! Highly recommend them, and they are all American made by the Lakota Sioux in South Dakota!

Powbob likes this.
  4. Skippy McGee

Skippy McGee

Apr 7, 2018
    Thank you! Definitely comforting to hear from someone who has used them for a while.

5. fermata

fermata

Nov 10, 2015
    I'll give this thread a little bump--my 2" Lakota Leathers strap has been going strong (and supple) for a couple of years now, and the exceptional comfort has completely spoiled me for other straps.

MrBassman17 likes this.
  6. Skippy McGee

Skippy McGee

Apr 7, 2018
    Agreed, going on 2 years now with mine. By far the most comfortable strap I've used. So glad I listened to the advice in this thread and decided against returning it!

7. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

The only Lakota strap I have slips of the strap buttons because it's so soft, it opens the holes. I decided not to use Lakota anymore, but I at least feel I made a contribution to the tribe.

MrBassman17 likes this.
  8. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    Try using a rubber washer ‘strap lock’, solves the problem cheaply!

9. fermata

fermata

Nov 10, 2015
    That's what I do, too. Totally secure.

10. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

That's OK, I have a few other straps to choose from, but in case I do decide to use it gain, I'll do that.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021