Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Laks and Sads

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassconbeatz, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Hey Guys,

I presently have a couple of 55-94 deluxes. After reading so many positives threads about Sadowskys, and having played a Metro at local bass shop, I decided to order an NYC 24 fret fiver. My question is how do these basses compare with each in terms of quality of tone, and value. Opinions greatly appreaciated.

Bassconbeatz

2. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    You may or may not want to hear this... I used to have a 55-94 Deluxe, but I now have a Sadowsky Standard 5. Normally I'm a fan of 35, and especially 36 in scale basses, and I liked that the Lakland was 35, strung through the body. But, just about everything else I like better about the Sadowsky. The bridge on my Standard 5 I like more, and the neck feels smoother and faster than the Deluxe neck did. Most noticeably though is that the Sadowsky pickups/pre fit my style/desired tone much better than the Bart system in my Deluxe. And the Sadowsky sits in the mix better than 98% of the basses I've owned/played, both live and in the studio. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the Deluxe, but for my tastes, it did not measure up. Hope this has been helpful. . .