1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lament for the tone I love vs the tone I settle for.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aragorn35016, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Gratuitous pic, sorry for the toys, those with toddlers understand:

Picture615.

Don't even know why Im starting this thread, but I straight up love my B15! It sounds phenomenal, the sound I hear in my head. Its just not loud enough to overcome a drummer in a garage band setting, so I have to settle for my SVT3 pro, 410 and 210 stack. And while it sounds good, Its not my B15. I understand that I am extremely fortunate to have such good equipment but its so frustrating to be in the situation of having a tone your in love with but can't use it. In live situations I can always mic it, but in the Garage Im sure it would be a muddled mess with all the other amps crammed together on the floor. Anyone else have a similar experience?

John

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    It's OK to have toys in your picture. The dump truck and ball sorter are OK too. :D

3. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Don't they make extension speakers specifically for those B-15's? I think JimmyM has one...maybe I'm thinking of a totally different amp though :meh:

4. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    You are correct, I really dont know how much louder it would make the amp, especially since it puts the speakers in series not parallel. Jimmy says it does, and I believe him, but I still have my doubts it could get up over the cursed drummer I play with that seems to have no concept of dynamics. I may try it anyway and see what happens.

5. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    Nice photo. I have quite similar gear, except more low-budget. My 50's P is honey blonde, my Jazz is MIM, and my Ampeg is a 50-watt combo.

6. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Me too...except my P is a Warwick, my Jazz is a Cirrus and my Ampeg is a V-4.

:bag:;)

7. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Awesome! Be proud of that 50's P of yours, mine gets as much if not more playing time than the US 62 reissue jazz. Thats one heck of a bass at that price point its at.

8. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    I tell ya this weekend I played one of the all tube Fender Bassman 300 pro's and if there was anything out there that could pull the B15 out of my hands that would be it. Those things are phenomenal!