Lamentations 25

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Some of you might recognize this as Sicarrii. I changed the title to the more appropriate Lamentations 25, which is what my little jewish guy is singing.

I remixed and re-recorded some parts last night, attempting to make it sound more professional. I made the bass solo bigger and sharper, brought up some of the weird drum loops, mixed some real drums in under the distorted drums near the end, and added more g**tars. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the whole stereo mix louder - I've maxed out my headroom on protools and can't get it any higher. :confused: Anyway, I'd appreciate comments on how the new mix sounds, volume notwithstanding. I'm trying to get better at this recording stuff so I can feel better about releasing material. Amatuerish demo sounding stuff ain't my style no mo'.

Lamentations 25 (mp3)
  2. steal-o-matic

Apr 11, 2004

sounded like a balanced mix
  3. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I like it, the first 2/3 reminds me a lot of modern day Frontline Assembly and the second part has a definate King Crimson vibe to it. Definately not the "pop-punk" I was expecting from Ben!

I think the first part is a little quiet though, I really had to crank it to get a decent level of volume, but otherwise definately cool stuff - keep it up Strange!