1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lamentations 25

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Some of you might recognize this as Sicarrii. I changed the title to the more appropriate Lamentations 25, which is what my little jewish guy is singing.

I remixed and re-recorded some parts last night, attempting to make it sound more professional. I made the bass solo bigger and sharper, brought up some of the weird drum loops, mixed some real drums in under the distorted drums near the end, and added more g**tars. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the whole stereo mix louder - I've maxed out my headroom on protools and can't get it any higher. :confused: Anyway, I'd appreciate comments on how the new mix sounds, volume notwithstanding. I'm trying to get better at this recording stuff so I can feel better about releasing material. Amatuerish demo sounding stuff ain't my style no mo'.

Lamentations 25 (mp3)

2. steal-o-matic

steal-o-matic

Apr 11, 2004
    ghastly!

sounded like a balanced mix

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I like it, the first 2/3 reminds me a lot of modern day Frontline Assembly and the second part has a definate King Crimson vibe to it. Definately not the "pop-punk" I was expecting from Ben!

I think the first part is a little quiet though, I really had to crank it to get a decent level of volume, but otherwise definately cool stuff - keep it up Strange!