1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Laminated Czech Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Wesley Andrew, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Wesley Andrew

Wesley Andrew

Mar 7, 2018
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my laminated Czech bass. The bass was most likely made during the late 1950's or 1960's by an unknown luthier/company. For being over 40 years old it's in pretty good shape overall.

As far as laminated basses go, it has a really nice singing tone and I've gotten many compliments on it. The bass responds fairly well with the bow and has a decent pizzicato. I've never used a pickup with it, so I don't know how that would sound. I've found that this bass gets the most out of hybrid strings, as many laminated basses do. I have had a lot of different strings on this bass: Flexicor, Original-Felxicor, Helicores and Evah Pirazzi strings. Personally, Evah Pirazzi's were my preferred strings for this bass. The high tension strings gave it a great sound, but ruined the overall response of the bass.

This bass would be great for a younger musician who's looking to own a bass instead of rent, or someone looking for a nice bass without the required maintenance of a fully carved bass.

If it's any consolation this bass did get me into, and half way through my undergrad before I thought I needed something else.

I am NOT interested in trades, sorry.

$2500

Specs:
    Eb Neck
    String Length: 41 3/8
    UB: 20 1/2
    LB: 26
    20180302_125155.jpg

20180302_125259.jpg

20180302_125416.jpg 20180302_130049.jpg
    20180302_125537.jpg
    20180302_125858.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    basspraiser and kurtsnyder like this.
  2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Looking for a reasonably priced upright...oh man....this may fit the bill!

I only need to convince my wife.... :)

jmain likes this.
  3. Bigbassguy

Bigbassguy

Jun 5, 2017
    good luck!