Lampshades From Heaven

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bassmanbob, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Friday night, I was playing this gig for Doctor Appreciation Day. The CEO of the hospital begins to walk over to me to let me know about some announcement he wanted. I'm boppin' away, playing the song, and suddenly I feel someone smack the top of my head with the palm of their hand. In a state of confussion, I look around to see one of the drummer's drumsticks on the floor. I knew it wasn't that because the stick was too skinny to be what hit me. I then see the CEO of the hospital right next to me. I give him this look like, "What the hell did you do that for?"

He asks me if I'm OK. I tell him I am, and he points to the floor. It was the lampshade covering the light kit on the ceiling fan just above me. I look up to see the fan spinning with a naked light bulb below it.

I remember during our sound check that every time I played a low G, the room would shake. I adjusted the EQ to minimize the vibration, but I guess the bass frequency just kept shaking the screws loose until the lampshade fell and hit my head.

I guess that's what you call, "Rockin' the house!"

Anyone else wreck the place with their low frequencies?
  2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Sort of, I learned not to put a drink on top my rig.
  3. kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    that happens with picks for me
  4. markus

Jan 13, 2005
    my cellphone has got some beating from falling down again and again during rehearsals...