Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lance needs your help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by allan grossman, Sep 4, 2002.

1. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Thanks. That just made my day:D

Alex

..'specially the Celine Dion part..hhehehe..BLAME CANADA!! lol

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

That is just beyond hilarious. What I am having trouble reconciling is this...if I had 20-million dollars to blow on anything I wanted, where would a trip into outer space be on the list? I know where it would be, about 20 million items down on the list. Hopefully, my money would be gone before I ever reached the blast into space part.:D

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i wonder if they would give a discount if you strap him to the outside of the rocket.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    :D :p :)

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Would you pay a little extra for that, if they provided a video?

;)

6. I like the disclaimer that says anything beyond the 20 mil will be used to launch Celine Dion, too funny!

7. I know if I] had the 20 mil to play with, a trip into space would be at the TOP of the list. But not with the CCCP or NASA. I would fund my own expidition, with a craft I would have built to my specs, and I would definetley try to get to at least the moon, if not Mars.

It IS possible, if you just have enough ingenuity, perseverance, and creativity.

Rock on
    Eric

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it would take a LOT more than 20 mil to do that, kimosabe. :D

9. No, it wouldn't. As I'm sure you remember Farley had remarkable success in going 'round the world in a plastic tub powered by hairspray. Apply the same theory to Eric's space travel, with added hairspray of course, and the cost would be $300, tops. Of course the other $19.999.700 would go towards buying supplies: Extra hairspray for the return trip and beer, for you have to have something to do once you get to Mars.

:D

10. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    <----sees Eric launching himself into the atmosphere using a 55 gallon drum and hairspray.

Hey Eric, can I have your gear?:D

Alex

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Should I email the Darwin Awards folks now, or do I have to do it after the fact?

12. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    don't forget to budget in the closed coffin funeral for right after the launch date.

13. C'mon guys! stop making fun of Lance Bass! Listen to his last name, you KNOW he is cool! I mena, sure most underdeveloped children all want to become astronauts and "play with the pretty stars", but I think this is for a good cause! IN FACT, I printed out the sheet and have already sent my cheque! now why can't you all be as thoughtful and caring as I?

.... hehehe dumb bas**rd wants to go to the moon ......

14. Wish he was going for "The Ice Pick In the Forehead" would be cheaper.

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    in this case, i think it's "bass" as in fish.

16. If it costs $20 million to get him a one-way ticket out of the solar system, and you throw in the rest of N-Sync.....well, I might think about making a donation.

Throw Fieldy on that shuttle and I might have to throw down one of my basses! :D

17. All right, either the link changed, or I have gone nuts, but I don't see anything about lance bass in this pic.

18. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I also thought I was going nuts! I couldn´t understand what Lance had to do with that picture.

19. Yeah - it looks like they changed the link, the bastages :mad:

I'll see if I can dig up another copy and edit the first post.