Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lance reclaims yellow jersey on rest day!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by steveksux, Jul 11, 2005.

1. AP - Lance Armstrong fell asleep in a record 10:08 last night, easily making up the 2:18 lead of Micheal Rasmussen, now at +0:49. Rasmussen, reportedly excited over getting the yellow jersey, had difficulty falling asleep last night.

Still, the record breaking performance of Lance Armstrong, falling asleep in record time, has rekindled rumors of performance enhancing drug use, although Chris Carmicheal, Lance's coach, has denied use of any sleep aids in this Tour De France. "Lance was pretty beat after being isolated in the other days race. That along with a strong showing yesterday left him quite tired. A warm glass of milk and a hot shower was all he needed to fall asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow."

Randy

2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    What, do they monitor your vitals or something? How can they tell if a guy's truly asleep? I mean, I can fake being asleep if I need to. Is it like being a trucker, you have to have so much sleep before they'll allow you to ride the next day?

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I have to say I've never followed the Tour and know nothing about it, but I'm all for ANY sport that you can take the lead by falling asleep. Maybe I'll make it to the Olympics after allZZZzzzzz.....

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It already exists and it's called cricket.

:D

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I meant falling asleep while participating, not watching....

:bag:

6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Maybe there's some kind of competitive sport for narcoleptics. :p

7. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Yes, an EEG.