Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Landing Basses / Short Scale Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SBassman, Jan 19, 2006.

1. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    At least a couple of us here have a Landing Bass, so I thought I'd start a thread to see if there are others, and to discuss the basses.

You can visit the website of the builder at:

http://www.landingbass.com/

This builder makes beautiful, pro quality basses, specializing in short scales. I happen to have a natural one with an ash body, gold hardware, and passive EMGs. It's the best bass I have ever played, and my only *real* pro instrument.

If you ever had thoughts of a short scale, but you wanted something super high quality, check these out. If you ever wind up working with the builder, you'll find he's a super nice guy to deal with.

:bassist:

2. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    wow those look really nice. i've never really thought about getting a short scale bass, i wouldnt mind one though! ;)

i especially like this one...

[​IMG]

3. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I hadn't seen that color from Landing. Yeah - that's a cool color.

You have to see these in person to give them justice. The finish on my natural one is spectacular.
    And the necks on these are incredible - definitely not necks you get on low end short scales, especially when it comes to the fretboard. It just feels great.

But, they also don't cost like low end short scales. :) I certainly will never be able to afford a backup Landing. Those days are long gone for me.