1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Landing L2 short scale fretless bass $800.00

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by banditcosmo, May 15, 2018.

1. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    For sale is my 2008 Landing L2 fretless bass with case. $950.00 $800.00 plus shipping. (No trades unless you have a PRS guitar (non SE) or a Les Paul)

I bought this bass new in 2008 as a fretted bass and I got Jimmy (Landing bass) to make a fretless neck (fretted neck was returned to Landing) for me and he did an awesome job painting it to match the bass.
    Bass is in good condition. There is one chip (see pic) and one light horizontal indent on the fretboard (see pic) that does not effect playing at all. No idea how the indent got there. Also when I got the fretless neck I had to lightly sand it to fit it in the neck pocket but when I started I sanded the wrong spot (see pic). After I realized that I stopped and I sanded the right area. Neck is nice and tight in the pocket. Pickguard has some light scratches.

The bass sounds great and has a lot of tonal options. It has EMG 35DC active pickups with a BQC control EQ. It has a stacked bass and treble control along with a stacked mid-range control that has a variable frequency knob that allows you to sweep through the mid-frequency range from 100Hz to 1KHz. This selects the frequency to boost or cut. Two volume controls along with a 3-way pickup selector switch. The tone controls are very powerful with a wide range.

I hate to sell this bass but I need to downsize my collection down as I'm starting to play guitar.

Link to more pics:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/2C4t4GRoUDy5JqWk2

Note: The spot on the left upper bout that looks like a scratch is just a cat hair 20180513_135236. 20180513_135329. 20180513_135437. 20180507_183232. 20180513_135236. 20180513_135329. 20180513_135437.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    mindwell and bebi like this.
  2. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    how much does this bass weigh?

3. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I'd say close to 8 lbs or so. I'm at the beach until Tuesday so I can't get you an exact weight right now.

4. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    that's OK....thanks....not to worry......that would be too heavy for me....I need a 6 lb bass

have fun at the beach

5. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Anybody out there? Am I asking too much? Make an offer. It's a sweet bass.

6. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    as far as I'm concerned you should be asking way more for it but Landing Basses are not as well known as they should be. Contact Jimmy, maybe he could have a buyer for you.....?

banditcosmo likes this.
  7. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    sold on Reverb for more than I was asking here. :rollno:

loopee likes this.
  8. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    right on...............I really don't like it when I flip a pedal or bass and have to accept a ridiculously low $ for it when I know it's worth a heck of a lot more