landmark 300 power upgrade?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spiraleyes77, Dec 27, 2007.

1. spiraleyes77

spiraleyes77

Dec 7, 2007
    Ive had this little amp for a bit now and am in love the tone i get out of my avatar 212 but im thinking i may need a little power boost somewhere down the line. It has a power amp out which is cool but its min 4 ohms. Can i switch out the 212 i have right now for two 8 ohm cabs and then get a 500 watt power amp? Are there any other ways to get louder? :bassist:

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    if you have a 4ohm 212 right now and you get TWO 8 ohm 212s the added speakers should DOUBLE or give you a 3db increase in volume which is like doubling your power with the cab you have now.

at least thats the way I understand things... double your speakers = 3db increase at same wattage.

I'm sure someone will correct me, but it WILL be louder than the 212...:bassist:

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021