1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Landscape Upright Swing Bass Artist Series Semi-Acoustic EUB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by PlanoSteveBass, Oct 11, 2017.

1. PlanoSteveBass

PlanoSteveBass

May 12, 2017
    Price:
    $1200
    Strings:
    Landscape Front.jpg
    Up for sale is an instrument that is not seen in the US very often. It is a Landscape SWB - Artist. I have had it for a little while, but am not playing it enough anymore to justify keeping it.
    It absolutely crushes an Eminence, and I am selling well below those prices.

Here is how it is described / spec'ed on the site quest-md.com.
    SWB-MASTER(ARTIST/STD) is designed keeping the element of electric guitars and using the sense and quality from ancient times with the intent of making warm tone. The form and sound attracts many musicians on the stages. Adjusting neck angles and the combination of materials enable the rich sound with variations. We are proud of widening the possibility of electric upright bass.
    Swing Bass – SWB Artist – Specifications
    Body :Sitka solid spruce arched top. Acoustic construction.
    Maple Venner side & back.
    Neck :Maple 3ply / Bolt-on construction. Original Scroll head. Slow Angled Joint.
    Fingerboard :Ebony
    Scale :42.5 inch scale
    Machine head :GOTOH GB2 Original Machine Heads. Nickel
    Pickups :Landscape original PB-U magnetic pickup.
    Fishman USA, Under-transducer.
    Bridge & Tailpiece :Ebony tailpiece, Maple bridge
    Controls :Master volume / Balancer / 2-Band EQ (Lo-EQ / Hi -EQ)
    Color :AVC (Antique Violin Color)
    It is "like new" condition with the exception of one single, pin-head sized "ding" in the middle of the back.
    As noted above it has both magnetic and Fishman pick-ups enabling a wide range of tones.
    It also comes with the original semi-hard, fully padded case. It should be noted that one of the shoulder straps has come loose. It will need to be resewn if you want to back-pack this thing. I would not suggest that unless you desire back issues. The case also has wheels (pictured) and a drag handle at the top.
    Buyer pays for shipping and insurance.
    I will ship the instrument well packed in the case, if that is what you want, but I expect that it will be EXPENSIVE due to size and weight. It can of course be picked up for free.
    It will probably need a 84"x 36"x 24" box and will weigh very close to 40-50 pounds.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  2. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    This looks cool! Any chance of hearing a recording?

3. PlanoSteveBass

PlanoSteveBass

May 12, 2017
    Hi, unfortunately I don't have any solo recordings on the bass. However, if you go to www.gsjazz.com and go to the recordings section there are some recordings in there where you can get an idea of its sound. These are all raw recordings from rehearsals in the keyboardist's living room so please bear with them. I think you get a good idea from the early part of the "Girl From Ipenema" recording.

Please let me know what you think.
    Best Regards,
    Steve

4. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    FWIW I owned a Landscape arch top bass guitar and the quality was very good. I believe there is an Aria connection with this brand.

5. bajocallao

bajocallao

Jul 13, 2006
    Woodside, New York
    Endorsing Artist: D'addario Strings, Aguilar Amplifiers
    Is the neck removable?

6. PlanoSteveBass

PlanoSteveBass

May 12, 2017
    It is a bolt-on neck, but it is not easily / considered removable.

7. Jonny G

Jonny G

Nov 18, 2017
    H

8. Jonny G

Jonny G

Nov 18, 2017
    Hi Steve, in Landscape Bass still available ? thank you, Jonathan.

9. ECWKiarro

ECWKiarro

Sep 21, 2016
    Loveland, CO
    I would also like to know if this is still available!

10. PlanoSteveBass

PlanoSteveBass

May 12, 2017
    Sorry, it is not. I just shipped it to its new owner on Friday

11. Jonny G

Jonny G

Nov 18, 2017
    Yes - and i am anxiously awaiting its arrival - ill post after our "honeymoon "!

ECWKiarro likes this.
  12. ECWKiarro

ECWKiarro

Sep 21, 2016
    Loveland, CO
    Sweet! Looking forward to hearing it! Not a lot on 'em from what I can find.