1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lane Poor Love!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Baird6869, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Just did a great gig with my Benavente fretless and I could not believe how good the Lane Poors sounded with the Suhr preamp. Actually, I had 3 other bassists and the 2 sound people come up to me after to tell me that my tone was killer.

Why the hell do these PU sound so good and what other manufacturers get close? I would rip out my Stingray, P and J bass PU for Lane Poors if they were not so hard to find for a reasonable price....

Here is the bass in question....

benaventebody.

2. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    SGD makes a line of "sidewinder" pickups which are constructed in a manner similar to Lane Poor "wide aperture" and Q-Tuner pickups.

Also, the old Lane Poor shop has been re-opened as Legacy Pickups, and they are taking orders...

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I also have some LP J's for pretty cheap.

I agree about the sound- I have them in every single bass that I play regularly, and absolutely swear by them. I won't buy a new bass without them anymore.