Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lane Poor Minima Electric

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Giraffe, Mar 26, 2004.

1. This is a Lane Poor Minima Electric, probably built around 1992 or 1993. It is a headless design, with a body somewhat similiar to a Steinberger, except for an extended section behind the bridge which supports conventional tuners. The fretboard has no metal frets, rather using a "stepped carbon/epoxy fretboard" that I imaged as best I could. The files were too large to upload, so let me know if you are interested and I will e:mail you images. The narrow, lighter colored sections in the image act as frets, and the thing plays in tune. Lane told me that the theory behind this board was to present a flatter surface on which to slap, but the process was prohibitively expensive and they were discontinued after a few years. This one is built (as near as I can tell) fron one piece of rock maple. It has a single coil pickup and an active hum-canceling circuit, with a roller-type cylindrical volume control that you manipulated with the fingers held flat. Finish is transparent blue. The fretboard is perfect, and shows no wear at all. There are some nicks around the edges that show the light colored maple, and if you are interested, I will e:mail some images. This thing tips my bathroom scale at SIX POUNDS. Overall condition is a very conservative 9. There is some collector interest in these, based on scarcity and celebrities playing them, so the dealers I spoke to suggested $2,000 as a fair price, but I haven't been buried under responses, so I will sell it for $1,500. I am open to trades, especially for a Rob Allen or RickTurner lined fretless four string, Roscoes, R Basses, or whatever you have!

2. I just attached some pictures. I will e:mail clearer ones if you are interested.

3. As noted above, I think I will lower the price to $1,500, or a trade for anything interesting!