Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lane Poor Minima

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackbird, May 28, 2000.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I know Lane Poor hasn't built basses for years, but I was always curious about their "Minima" model. does anyone know anything about them?

Will C. [​IMG]

------------------
    You can't hold no groove if you ain't got no pocket!

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    They're odd [​IMG] There's been one at Bass Northwest for sale for a while if you're interested in one.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I saw the Bass Northwest bass too. That's why I'm asking. As for its weirdness, I have a headless Steinberger, which is not all that common - looking either.

Will C. [​IMG]

4. Anybody else have any insight? It's funky yet somehow kinda cool. Anybody here play one? Here's a picture I snagged off ebay.
    [​IMG]

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I asked Lane about those basses once. He said they were especially designed for players with "long arms", whatever that meant. He told me that Allen Woody owned a few of them, so I asked Woody once what he thought of them. He said he collected them because they were different, but they really were uncomfy to play because they dug into his gut. Said they sound killer, though. After having owned some Lane Poor gear myself, I can surely believe this to be true.