Lane Poor MM, different types?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by emielow, Jan 16, 2006.

1. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    The lane poor MM pickups, did they come in different types? i know the flea bass had one in it. Is there also a switcable type? and does it sounds the same as the 'stock flea bass pickup' ?

thanks a lot!
  2. I'm not sure if this helps but when I talked to Anderson at modulus he said that Lane Poor wound special pickups for modulus. Meaning the LP's with the LP logo are the stock MM pup they produced. The one with the modulus logo are the custom modulus ones. He said that the differences between the stock LP and the modulus one are "extremely subtle".
  3. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    do you have pictures of the different types?
  4. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

the mod flea pup is obvious, it has the mod logo not the LP logo. Distinguishable because it has that irridescent material like the LP logo. The Bart and Duncan Fleas are distinguishable by an apparent line/no line in the center of the pup in my recall, and gold leaf.

There are LP soapbar shape MM's and typical MM shape. There are 4 lead and two versions. The 2 leads are most common.

The "Flea" LP is supposedly wired to Mod specs. I heard from a reliable source that Fleas pups were wound specifically for him and are not the same as those installed in the Flea Mods. And that there were only 7 LP pups made for Flea. Don't have one but I know somebody who does.