Lane Poor MM pickup on Ebay

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    the last lane poor that was on ebay sold for $280, i bet this one goes much higher. great pickups, bought one recently for $120 that i plan on putting in a soon to come modulus flea.
  2. You won't regret that! I tried a Modulus Flea bass with a Lane Poor installed, and I nearly had to change my underpants afterwords.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, I have a Flea with an LP pup and Aguilar OBP-3 preamp in it. It's smoking', plenty of booty and amazing clarity.
  4. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i can't wait to get it...i tried a flea with a LP in it a few years ago and i swear it was the greatest sound i've ever heard come out of a bass. i still regret not buying it :bawl:
  5. Someone actually offered to trade me his Flea 5 equipped with a LP p/up for my Modulus Q6...and I turned him down...

I'm still undecided...I want it, but I don't want to bring it along to school here.
  6. Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    I got it! it cost me $220, but I've got a lane poor!

I'm planning to use it as the bridge pickup in the Sabre-style bass I'm building. A Seymour Duncan MM is going in the neck position.

I've already got a graphite J-neck, now all I need is a body and a pre-amp (most likely a bartolini 5.3 with coil taps added.

Scary money for a pickup, but worth it!