Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lane Poor MM pickup on Ebay

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    the last lane poor that was on ebay sold for $280, i bet this one goes much higher. great pickups, bought one recently for $120 that i plan on putting in a soon to come modulus flea.

2. You won't regret that! I tried a Modulus Flea bass with a Lane Poor installed, and I nearly had to change my underpants afterwords.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, I have a Flea with an LP pup and Aguilar OBP-3 preamp in it. It's smoking', plenty of booty and amazing clarity.

4. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i can't wait to get it...i tried a flea with a LP in it a few years ago and i swear it was the greatest sound i've ever heard come out of a bass. i still regret not buying it :bawl:

5. Someone actually offered to trade me his Flea 5 equipped with a LP p/up for my Modulus Q6...and I turned him down...

I'm still undecided...I want it, but I don't want to bring it along to school here.

6. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    I got it! it cost me $220, but I've got a lane poor!

I'm planning to use it as the bridge pickup in the Sabre-style bass I'm building. A Seymour Duncan MM is going in the neck position.

I've already got a graphite J-neck, now all I need is a body and a pre-amp (most likely a bartolini 5.3 with coil taps added.

Scary money for a pickup, but worth it!