lane poor, nord, or other for project

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mental Octopus, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i am going to build a MM style project bass with a warmoth swamp ash body (pretty set on that, but maybe alder) and a modulus genesis neck.

i want the bass to have a thick, punchy MM sound. the lane poor is in my graphite necked flea bass, and i have never heard it or any other lane poor with a wood neck so i am wondering there would be a significant difference in sound if i switched it over to my project bass....

i've never heard a nordstrand but i hear they are awesome. i am also open to any other PU suggestions.
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

the acoustic properties of a bass will alter the tone if they are different from another bass - which is more likely than not. So, yeh, the LP or any pup should sound different if that's the case.

You can do a title search for "experiment" and pull up Dimento's MM experiment and see what I think of the MM's I've had. I wouldn't call the Nord awesome cuase it's not that much different but is probably a good first stop. The sole survivor of my MM's was a Carvin cause it worked particularly well with an acoustically bright bass I have.