Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lane poor, nord, or other for project

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mental Octopus, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i am going to build a MM style project bass with a warmoth swamp ash body (pretty set on that, but maybe alder) and a modulus genesis neck.

i want the bass to have a thick, punchy MM sound. the lane poor is in my graphite necked flea bass, and i have never heard it or any other lane poor with a wood neck so i am wondering there would be a significant difference in sound if i switched it over to my project bass....

i've never heard a nordstrand but i hear they are awesome. i am also open to any other PU suggestions.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

the acoustic properties of a bass will alter the tone if they are different from another bass - which is more likely than not. So, yeh, the LP or any pup should sound different if that's the case.

You can do a title search for "experiment" and pull up Dimento's MM experiment and see what I think of the MM's I've had. I wouldn't call the Nord awesome cuase it's not that much different but is probably a good first stop. The sole survivor of my MM's was a Carvin cause it worked particularly well with an acoustically bright bass I have.