1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LANE POOR PICK UP

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mat666, Mar 11, 2008.

1. mat666

mat666

Apr 3, 2007
    montreal
    I'm want to buy lane poor soap bar for a luthier's bass and I was thinking of aguilar OBP3 preamp for it. my second choice is the ASB-3SB from basslines.

I play mostly heavy metal but I want a versatile bass.

wich setup would be better? (and yes I found NOS lane poor 6 string soap bars)

2. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    I have a Lane Poor soapbar pickup in my 5 string fretless. I've got it wired directly to the output jack (no tone, no volume, nothin')... it sounds awesome and I have never felt it needed any EQ. I used to have a Lane Poor active preamp in there, but I took it out because it sounded so good without it. That's my 2 cents! They are awesome pickups and I am sure you will be happy no matter what. I will let other people chime in who have actually tried those two preamps you mention.

3. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    I hate to be the bearer but,Are you aware that Lane Poor is not in biz anymore?

4. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    The OP seems to have found some NOS somewhere... lucky duck... care to share your source with the rest of us TB'ers? :)

5. mat666

mat666

Apr 3, 2007
    montreal
    thx mushroo.

I mean no offense but I'll put the info as soon as my lane poor are shipped wich will be probably next week. I know what money can do and I dont want to lose this opportunity :) I think the guy said he got a couple of lane poor PU left (not only soap bars)because he was one of the guy building the PU for lane. I'll probably put a new thread to give the info

6. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    No worries, I am all set in the Lane Poor department, so I wouldn't dream of outbidding you... welcome to the LP club :)

That being said... shoot me a PM if your guy has a P or JJ set available... they are only going to go up in value!