Lane Poor Pickup Question w Picture (ID These Two Pickups)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hello all,

Just bought a bass that has two Lane Poor pickups. They are the same dimensions, but clearly two different pickups. Notice the screw hole patters of the two.

I'm guessing that one may be single coil and the other humbucking possibly? I don't have the bass yet (it's in route to me), so I can't plug it in to see if one pickup hums, etc. Anybody know the difference with these two by looking at them? Thanks so much!

Lane%20Poor_zpsvfvw0xxt.jpg

2. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello. Check the underside of each pickup, then cross-reference whatever you see written or etched there to this Lane Poor archive.

DiabolusInMusic and Quadzilla like this.
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Great info! Thanks so much!

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

The one on the right is probably a single coil and the one on the left is probably a humbucker. That is how they are arranged on my LPs. You can see the underside of my single coil in my FS thread in my signature.

Quadzilla likes this.
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Going off the pic, the single coil is marked SB on the pickup and I believe the humbucker is HB but it has been a while since I had it out. I am sure I have written somewhere, if you really need I can try and dig it out.

(EDIT: I looked at the linked site above... it's an HB)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  6. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    :thumbsup:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022