Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lane Poor Question...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 95JettaCity, Feb 21, 2006.

1. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Ok, so I have had my Modulus Flea bass for almost two years and for that entire time I have understood that if the pickup has either the "modulus logo" or the "lane poor" logo embossed in the lower corner then it is a Lane Poor pickup. I usually don't question myself about this, being an avid enthusiast for bass electronics... but some employee of the beloved Guitar Center said that only the "Lane Poor" symbol was on the LP pickups, and the "Modulus Logo" was on their other standard pickups. Could someone please just reassure my confidence so I can go back and tell that guy he needs to do some studying. Thanks!

2. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    not true... the LP pups could be either. i dont think modulus has their own "modulus pickups" just custom pups from other companys IE. the modulus sympol instead of the LP on the pups.

3. It's been my experience that the employees at GC have the absolute minimum requirements on gear knowledge to work in that store, especially the bass department. I wouldn't listen too closely to what they tell you. You'll get FAR more accurate advice on this forum than you will ever get in GC. Of course some people there will know their stuff, but I've heard too many asanine stories told by their employees to really respect their opinions as a whole.

4. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    As far as I know, this is correct. For the record, one of the LP's I have came from a Modulus, has the Modulus logo on it, but is definitely a Lane Poor (the marking on the back, the general construct and the sound are all giveaways).

5. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    What they ^^^ said. I have a Quantum and a Flea with Lane Poors and both have the Modulus logo on the corner. For Fleas, the other MM style pickup options are Basslines and Barts, neither of which have the Modulus logo on them.

Hope this helps.

6. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Thanks for the reassurance everyone. Now I can go back to GC and stand by my word!