Laney B1?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by l0calh05t, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Has anyone here tried this amp? I would like to know what you think of it.
  2. flacko

Dec 6, 2001
    Surrey , UK
    Yep, that's me. I bought mine around a year ago.

It will deliver 1500 W into 4 Ohms in bridged mode : I use mine in bi-amp mode.

It has a valve in the pre-amp stage that you can blend in with the SS circuitry. I tend to use SS only, just because I like the clean/sharp sound it gives.

You'll need a good cab though to hadle the power if you intend to run it anywhere near its maximum output.

I recommend you give it an audition.
  3. Well, I already read that review and I was mainly looking for more oppinions.

BTW, I was planning to get a Tech Soundsystems ND 4x10 T to go with it (although I could also get two Laney B 410s for that price)
  4. flacko

Dec 6, 2001
    Surrey , UK
    This cab looks nice - quite loud at 103Db and down to 32Hz. The web site does not quote the +/- Db at the 32Hz point though. For 10" drivers that low response looks great ! I wonder if the cabs are ported or sealed.

This cab would not be suitable for bi-amping though.

Have you auditioned a B1 yet ?

I have little knowledge of Laney cabs. I have read some bad reviews about them in the past but whenever I have heard the new cabs at a gig I thought they sounded fantastic.
  5. no I havent tried the laney, because there are no shops near where I live that sell those things without having to order them first.

BTW, the Tech boxes are vented and I tried a few (the 410 and the 212) at the musikmesse and they sounded great (and they are a lot lighter than most cabs) although i do think that those responses they give on their website are a tiny bit exaggerated, but not much