Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Laney B1?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by l0calh05t, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Has anyone here tried this amp? I would like to know what you think of it.

2. flacko

flacko

Dec 6, 2001
    Surrey , UK
    Yep, that's me. I bought mine around a year ago.

It will deliver 1500 W into 4 Ohms in bridged mode : I use mine in bi-amp mode.

It has a valve in the pre-amp stage that you can blend in with the SS circuitry. I tend to use SS only, just because I like the clean/sharp sound it gives.

You'll need a good cab though to hadle the power if you intend to run it anywhere near its maximum output.

I recommend you give it an audition.

3. Well, I already read that review and I was mainly looking for more oppinions.

BTW, I was planning to get a Tech Soundsystems ND 4x10 T to go with it (although I could also get two Laney B 410s for that price)

4. flacko

flacko

Dec 6, 2001
    Surrey , UK
    This cab looks nice - quite loud at 103Db and down to 32Hz. The web site does not quote the +/- Db at the 32Hz point though. For 10" drivers that low response looks great ! I wonder if the cabs are ported or sealed.

This cab would not be suitable for bi-amping though.

Have you auditioned a B1 yet ?

I have little knowledge of Laney cabs. I have read some bad reviews about them in the past but whenever I have heard the new cabs at a gig I thought they sounded fantastic.

5. no I havent tried the laney, because there are no shops near where I live that sell those things without having to order them first.

BTW, the Tech boxes are vented and I tried a few (the 410 and the 212) at the musikmesse and they sounded great (and they are a lot lighter than most cabs) although i do think that those responses they give on their website are a tiny bit exaggerated, but not much