Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Laney cabinets, anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by americanmade, Jun 14, 2005.

1. americanmade

americanmade

Feb 12, 2005
    Does anybody know anything about Laney cabinets, particularly the 2x15 variety (CS215 or RBC215)? I have heard of Laney and read elsewhere that they are on par with Peavey. I was just wonderineg if these cabinets are any good, or if they are big heavy endtables with speakers. Perhaps our friends across the pond have some insight for me. Either way, I'd like to hear what you guys know.
    Thanks.

Side note: Their website won't work on my computer for some reason and I really can't find much about them.

2. I can only speak for the newer Richter series, but I believe Laney cabs are great for the money. I was on a tight budget when buying my cab, and I tried out lots of stuff, Eden, Peavey, Hartke, SWR, but when I tried out the Laney R410, I knew it was the one for me. Handles the low notes better than any Hartke cab I have played (including the top line models), and has a very nice top end with the tweeter on. Definitely on par with Peavey, if not better. In Australia this cab set me back $600, compared to the $1200 price tag of the Peavey 410TVX. Laney cabs are great value for money. Soon I'll have an R115 to go with it and my stack will be complete :bassist:

[​IMG]