Laney Combo DB300 C (2X12) - what about it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by walt, Jun 5, 2005.

1. I´m considering buying it but what was my surprise that I couldn´t find almost any info on this either in google or here in TB. What should I expect from this combo?

There are not many options here in Brazil and the same you buy there in the US you get here legally for about let´s say +90%. This Laney is being offered here for the equivalent of US$825.

Apart from the $$, anyone here knows how does it sound?

Attached Files:

2. Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    I used to have the laney db300 head. It was fantastic. I played it through a peavey 8x10 cab and it was incredible...

They didn't sell very well and laney replaced them after about 2 years in production.
  3. Thanks! Despite the lack of commentaries in the web (I´ve found only one review - - besides Bigwan post) I´m tending to consider it´s a good combo.

I play blues/bluesy-rock and my main concerns are tone + comfortable volume level to cut through 2 guitars in band practice.

Anyone disagree this combo sounds good and loud enough for what I want? Drawbacks?
  4. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Hey Walt, Thanks for the PM.

Sadly though my only serious experience is with the newer Richter series of bass amps from Laney.

Saying that,I liked those amps enough to buy them, Laneys gitar heads sound fantastic, and I eagerly look forward to listening to the new PA stuff.

I guess you can count this as a +1 for the company, but Im afraid I have never even heard of these particular amps. Maybe email Laney?

PS - Im currently looking for a new home practice/ultra small gig combo, and an R2 is top of the list at the moment. :rolleyes:
  5. Thanks!

Yeah, I can e-mail them but what should I ask? “Hey mates is DB300C a good amp?” I guess they would say... yes! :eyebrow: I´ve downloaded the manual from the site so specs info I can get from it. I´ve “googled” “DB300C” and I couldn´t find any for sale, just one review and that was it so far. Since the DB range of amplifiers ran from approx mid-1999 to the end of 2001, maybe that´s a (good) sign its owners are keeping them...

Anyone else? Guess I´ll try a catchier title next time...

Good luck on your hunting Jack!
  6. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Actually, Laney has 'Ampicons' on their site, which tell you how great their amps are, you dont need to mail them at all. :D

Good luck with your hunting, since Im buying new, its barely even a stalk, nevermind a hunt.