1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

laney hcm120b

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cliffb87, Mar 23, 2009.

1. cliffb87

cliffb87

Mar 23, 2009
    im thinking about getting a laney hcm120b bass amp, and was looking for some feedback...also, i want to know some specs (size, weight), as i can find none online

2. I had a laney practice amp ,,it just didnt sound good, just no bass frequencies , it couldnt handle the e string ,i had a peavey max that was better , i had to send it back ,i dont know if this just wasnt my kind of bass amp or that laneys aren't good for bass ,anyway i suggest that you play the amp before you buy (and play it with ur own bass guitar).

3. AuntieBeeb

AuntieBeeb

Dec 12, 2010
    London
    I've owned an HCM120B for about seven years now. If you're after something versatile and reliable, this is a good bet. It was noticeably smaller than comparable 1x15s I was considering at the time (and a fair bit cheaper). I can't comment on srj's point about their practice amps, but then this is definitely not a practice amp!

I also own a (much smaller) Laney Session 40 Bassman, which was the reason I went for a Laney again when I bought a bigger amp - they're built like tanks and I like their sound. (You can also get quite a nice OD out of them if you crank the gain; something I've thought is tragically lacking in a lot of modern bass amps!)