1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Laney RB9, Bugera BVP5500 or USA Ampeg B2R?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gonzo476, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    Which one would you choose and why?

2. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    Up!

3. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    Don't know about the other two but I really like my BVP5500! Best bang for the buck.

4. Agreed, used that bugera head for a few years and it sounded great. For the price, it's a great amp!

5. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    Laney FTW.

Bugera is Behringer. And it's gonna break. The B5R, by contrast, is not one of Ampeg's better amps...

6. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    I disagree. You're simply towing the 'Behringer' TB party line and taking an opportunity to dig your boot.

The BVP5500 is actually very reliable for the price and has a pretty excellent reputation around here (use the search function if you don't agree). There are a lot of happy BVP owners around these parts.

7. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I've had two Behringers, both were rock solid and quite a good value. I sold my BX300 (30w/10" combo) to my cousin and that thing blew the doors off the two Fender Rumble 30's in both sound and reliability. I assume Fender has corrected the problem. My Behringer BX4500H is also a rock and cranks up two 8 ohms cabs to gig worthy volumes.

The Ampeg B2R sounded kind of weak and un-Ampeg-like to me when I tried one. I prefer the PF-500 to it and imagine the PF-800 would blow it's doors off.

No idea about the Laney. An old friend had their big tube guitar head and it was GREAT.