Laney RB9 head + RB410 for metal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basstardd, Jun 17, 2009.

1. basstardd

basstardd

Jun 17, 2009
    I've been practicing with my band with a 30w amp for a while now, and found out it's time to buy a new amp.

I've been looking at some different amps and found the Laney RB9 head + RB410. How is it for metal? (thrash / heavy metal) Is it loud enough for practices and small giggs? Is there any other amps you will recommend?;)

- Basstardd

( My english is kinda poor. It's not my first language:p )

2. basstardd

basstardd

Jun 17, 2009
    Nobody who knows?:meh:

3. a Local metal band, that has since broken up used to use that setup with the 15 as well, did the job. I don't remeber what it sounded like it was a good 3 years ago.

4. I think it would do great, for more raw type of music. When I tried it , it sounded ok to me. This is one of those amps that is inexpensive, and works good, which is what most of musicians are after for. You won't get full 300w with only one cabinet, but it should be enough. I compare Richter's sound with Fender Rumble. A bit non refined, but solid and reliable. I don't think you will regret it...

5. basstardd

basstardd

Jun 17, 2009
    Thanks for the answers. Sounds like a good amp then! I'm probably going for it :)

6. They had this setup at guitar center used for $285. Played it and really liked it. Went back the next day to buy it. Sold. I have been looking ever since. They seem hard to find here in the states.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021