Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Laney RBH800 Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tiens, Nov 7, 2003.

1. I have a Laney RBH800 Bass head. Using a 8 ohm 450W RMS 15" Speaker. The amp is 300W RMS. The amp blew and I had to replace the PC board under warranty (luckily) The amp states that "no less than 4 ohms be connected at any one time" underneath the speaker input jacks. Is there a problem with my amp speaker configuration?

The supplier whant's me to pay for the repair because as they say I blew my amp. It was dead when I switched it on for $%^ sakes! I just need to know if my amp speaker config is right then I can #$% them up if they whant to make me pay!

Any help will be appreciated.

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    you had an 8 0hm load on it, its not your fault, if the amp is under warrenty, they should fix it for you.

3. I agree.

I bought a Laney all valve combo for my guitar playing son last year, and it had similar problems with the PCB. Got it fixed under warranty and it's been a great amp ever since.

4. Thanks 4 all the help guys!

5. Jim_Scotson

Jim_Scotson

May 30, 2008
    I'm looking into buying a Laney RBH800 what kinda sound do you get out of them? Is it a good investment?