Laney RBH800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Drews, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Drews

Mar 27, 2003
    Birmingham, England
    My band has recently started gigging, and I'm looking to buy a bass head. Ideally, I want new gear, and rekon that I need at least 300 watts output to keep up with the rest of 'em. I've used an RBH800 in a practice studio a few times, and think the sound is pretty good, but was wondering if these amps are reliable, cos one of the guitarists in my band has just had to scrap his Laney head for a Marshall.
  2. flacko

Dec 6, 2001
    Surrey , UK
    I don't know the RBH800 but I have a Laney B1 head and it's been totally reliable. Also, I find Laney very helpful if you need to call them.

I think they're hard to beat for a good bass amp.
  3. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Be very,very careful!
    The head you mentioned is NOT 300 watts!
    It's actually 165 watts RMS - 300w "Peak".
    I'd look at Ashdown stuff if I were you, their service is second to none.
  4. Yes , Ashdown are exellent amps , and their customer service is indeed second to none.

Although the Laney is probably cheaper.
  5. I say go for the Ashdown, for a little more money, you won't regret spending the extra dough for a little insurance against breakdown.

Lots of other amp options, SWR, EBS, Warwick, Ampeg, are also good options.
  6. Don't forget the Gallien Krueger 400rb .

7. flacko

Dec 6, 2001
    Surrey , UK list the amp as 300W RMS.

I agree with modulusbassist : there are lots of options. Try a few , through the same cab if possible, to give you an idea of the volume/tone you can expect from each head.
  8. Drews

Mar 27, 2003
    Birmingham, England
    Thanks for the words of wisdom peeps. I rekon I'm gonna get down the shops and try out a few amps, I think I've narrowed the choice to the RBH800, trace elliot AH300, and the ashdown MAG-250H.

Nice one, keep on rockin'
  9. Of the three you listed, I like the Ashdown. Their heads have great tone and require little to no eq'ing.