1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Laney Vs Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dontbesobassist, Apr 30, 2006.

1. This is my first time for buying a proper amp for gigging. I've got a couple of combos but nothing fancy. I've been looking at heads around the 300 watt mark than are still in my price range (£200 - £300). Laney and Hartke amps are the most well known ones I've found that fit my criteria. Could anyone give me their suggestions on amps that fit this criteria? Or anyone who has had experience with Laney or Hartke?
    Cheers

2. hartke are better than laney, thats my opinion, but in your pricerange have a look at ashdown, www.soundslive.co.uk have good prices on ashdown gear, the MAG range is pretty nice, if i were you i would get a 2x10 307watt ashdown MAG combo, plenty of volume style and not to bad with price, its a little extra but its realy worth it

3. cool, thanks I'll check out some hartke. I'm not picky with my bass tones tbh as long as I can get a nice warm sound that I can mess around with. The reason I looked at the hartkes and the laneys was because they caught my eye with theyr 7 band eqs! Are ashdowns good? And are they better than hartke and laney? I've read mixed reviews about them. Especially the MAG series. cheers