laptop help?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Indiana Mike, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Looking at some inexpensive laptops or tablets for my kids ,,,10&13,,,so I can get my desktop back:rolleyes:

They just surf ,you tube ,minecraft etc...
    No serious gaming other than that . They have netbooks from school for studies and homework so that's not a concern either.

My sons really into minecraft and those type of online games . I'm not sure a tablet would be appropriate ??? Or would it ...

I've got a week left ...hit me with your ideas.

One thing I think I have keyed in on is , I have a 27" monitor for my desktop and I think that's what they love about it ....

2. colcifer

colcifer Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Chromebook?

3. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    A friend was talking about a mini-laptop at Best Buy for only a couple hundred bucks. I'll see if he bought one and how well it works. The Asus I saw a few years ago seemed pretty good- it ran on Linux, though. That would limit apps and programs.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021