1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Large collection of Afro-Cuban music CD's

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by bongomania, Sep 17, 2008.

1. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Times are tough and I must sell my CD collection. The majority of this collection is old-school Cuban or Nuevayorquino, some serious heavy duty salsa, son, rumba, danzon, and more. These discs will be of special interest to percussionists, as I am also a percussionist in the Cuban style and I bought these for my education as well as enjoyment. There's plenty of fundamental Latin bass to be learned here too. For the full list, please visit: http://www.bongomania.com/cdlist.html

Long shot, but if you wanted to take the whole shmear as part payment toward a high-end tube or FET compressor, let's talk. Also might consider certain preamps.

Thanks! :bassist:

2. what's acid salsa?

3. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Well, I think Ivan was playing off the "Acid Jazz" concept (danceable groove versions of classic jazz tones) and saying his album was danceable and groovy but more old-school flavored, hence the "roots of".

Ivan was a great guy and a great bongocero but personally I would not have chosen that album title. ;)

4. thats interesting--i thought salsa was dance music to begin with--its a breath of fresh air to hear there is a dancable dance cd lol just kidding--i am interested--i might pick in up to add to my acid collection (I like acid jazz and acid blues and most other things that start with acid lol)

(except acid wash jeans)

5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I'll take the Cachao discs please. Will keep looking at list but would like those unless spoken for already. You'd be shipping to Canada. That OK?

Many of the names I am not familiar with but if you can suggest some other artists with some of the great bassists that would be appreciated. I'd buy a few more. Interested in traditional and stuff with a modern twist but not some of the cheesy sounding dance stuff that I've come across.

6. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    hello?

7. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Ah sorry, I got your recent PM but had not checked in on this thread in a while. Any questions at all, please PM me and I'm happy to answer them, and I'm also happy to make suggestions.

8. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    bump!