largest/longest pedal boards u have ever seen...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by retitled, Aug 12, 2005.

1. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    was watching a korn bootleg and i was shocked at the length of the guitarests pedal board...

how about u guys? whats the biggest youve ever seen?
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Wow, that's pretty ridiculous.

I saw Ler Lalonde's on the Primus DVD (Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People - The Duchess) and it was pretty huge too.
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

Oh, and doug wimbish.
  4. JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    Both the guitarist and bassist from The Mars Volta have insane pedalboards.
  5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hands down, Doug Wimbish. His pedalboard isn't just really literally surrounds him! :eek:
  6. I wish I had a scanner so I could show you Juan Alderete's board, it IS pretty insane, but seems much smaller and more organized compared with Doug Wimbish's board:

I'm still just happy with my Terrible Trio of what my friend calls "Unholy Bass": Big Muff-->Digitech Bass Synth/Wah-->Boss Flanger...
  7. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Juan's board ;)
  8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Does anyone have a pic of Doug Wimbish's?

Mike Einzinger's is huge:

Hammet's is ridiculous:
  9. strummer

Jul 27, 2005
    Are we talking big boards or number of perdals? I think Juan Alderete has the most pedals I have ever seen anyone use.
  10. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    The dude from radiohead. Hands down.
  12. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    doug wimbish, johnny greenwood, and if we can stretch it a little chris chaney's rack. id hate to see that laid out on the floor.
  13. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I've seen a picture of Wimbish's old pedal board and that chain was looooong. Trey Anastasio usually has a rediculous amount of pedals - I'll try to find a pic...
  14. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Wow, they use pedals that folks here dismiss as inferior.
  15. I would imagine the guys from dream theatre and yes would have some big pedalboards.
  16. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  17. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I think the DT guys have pretty much all rackmounted stuff. If John has MORE than what's in his effin' rack, well then I just don't know...

Most I've seen is Mike Enzinger on the Morning View stuff. He had probably about 10 more pedals than what's in that pic from Red Rocks, and now with his 2nd rate band.

There's some insane pics on NYC Pedalboards' website and also Dave at Loooper has some crazy stuff. Justin Meldal-Johnsen has a bunch too. He had a BP issue where it broke down his gear, and unlike Chaney (which is what I'd do if I had the $$), his is ALL on his pedalboard. Crazy.
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah Stingus it's a Red X to us.
  19. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

I'm seein' it fine with Firefox...?