Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LARRIVEE

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FRANKB, Feb 1, 2003.

1. FRANKB

FRANKB

Jan 24, 2003
    new york
    I FOUND A USED LARRIVEE ELECTRIC BASS WITH P&J EMG'S AND SCHALLERS FOR $299.CONDITION WAS VERY GOOD.SOUNDED AND FELT PRETTY GOODANY ONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LARRIVEE BASSES.I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING ON NET.

2. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    uh....your caps lock is on....might wanna check that out there....

3. hrm, I thought Larrivee only made acoustic guitars...
    anyways, their homepage is here

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Jean Larrivee actually started out building electrics with Seymour Duncan in London. Then they split and started thier own companies. Now, Larrivee only makes acoustics, but for a while (late 80s-early 90s) he made some solidbody electric guitars and basses. It sounds to me like that's either the LB-2 or the RB-2, or RB-2C. If it has an ebony board, maple neck, and Schaller tuners, then it's one of the RB-2s and a rather good price. If the only thing by Schaller on it is the bridge, it's the LB-2, and still a fair price. It's your $300. If you like the way the bass feels and sounds, that's not a too much money for a definitely well made bass. I'd certainly take one for $300, but then again, I'm rather partial to Larrivee's acoustic guitars, too.

Oh...and you may want to have that Caps Lock key looked at by a professional...it seems to be stuck. :D