Larry Campbell...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Michedelic, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern Suspended

...is doing better. Most of you probably don’t know of him, but he’s part of the Woodstock, NY/Levon Helm crowd, a multi-instrumentalist who has worked with Dylan, Emmylou, Costello, Little Feat and so many others, often in tandem with his wife, singer Teresa Williams. He came down with Covid fairly early, after participating in a music event in NYC that also featured Jackson Browne(who, of course, showed symptoms not long after). I just heard about his situation, and this report is already a bit dated, but it seems like he has bounced back...
    Veteran Rock Guitarist Larry Campbell on Battling Coronavirus: 'This Thing Has Been a Beast'
    As he is in his mid-60’s, I’d call that a glimmer of hope.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    kobass, Matt Liebenau, GregC and 2 others like this.
  2. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Thanks for posting this. Didn’t know he was ill, and glad to hear he’s on the mend.

Was just listening to Larry the other night on “Weather in My Head” from Donald Fagen’s Sunken Condos (2012). Yet another Levon connection...Donald being married to Levon’s ex, Libby Titus.

3. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    NC
    I'd heard he was ill, glad to hear he's doing better. I first became aware of him through this clip, although he doesn't play a big role. Levon was unfortunately unable to sing (doctor's orders).

4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Glad he's doing better. I learned about him a couple of years ago, when some friends invited me to one of his shows with Teresa. I'm a huge roots-rock fan, and I thought they were spectacular. I couldn't believe I hadn't heard of them before, and since that show I've listened to them quite a bit.